Welcome to summer! Now that school is out, summer is the perfect time for kids to read for fun! Personally, I’m reading, “The War that Saved my Life,” by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. It’s a historical fiction novel about a 10 year old crippled girl during World War II whose “courage and compassion carry far more power than her disability.” You can buy it from Amazon by clicking the image.
I’ve searched the web and came up with some reading lists you can browse.
- SCBWI – the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators 2016 Summer Reading List
- Goodreads – Summer Reading for Kids
- ALSC – Association for Library Service to Children’s 2016 Summer Reading List
- Scholastic – Keep Kids Reading All Summer Long!
- Barnes and Noble- Enter your child in their Summer Reading Triathlon
- Reading Rockets- Summer Reading Guide 2016
- Education World – Summer Reading
Enjoy your summer! I can’t wait to hear about your child’s favorite books!